Losing weight is not only about hitting the gym but it is also about maintaining a proper diet and having the right food. If you are working out and then having processed food or sugary drink, there is no point of putting in so much of hard work. There is no possibility of losing weight if one is high on processed foods while working out. Our Indian diet is such that it is quite impossible to lose weight, mainly because there are a lot of spices and oil.
The vegetarian diet plan
If you follow a healthy vegetarian diet plan then it is not difficult to lose weight. In this plan one has to eat more vegetables and fruits. This diet is known for bringing a glow to the skin and also for making the body feel more energetic. A vegetarian diet plan is known for reducing the flab and it also helps in lowering the cholesterol levels.
A vegetarian diet plan is perfect for Indians and it should comprise of all the nutriments that are required by a body. Along with this it should be a low calorie diet plan with careful distribution of fat intake and carbohydrate content. Here are a few weight loss foods that can be incorporated in a vegetarian diet.
- Moong dal- This is the staple food for a lot of Indians, it consists of vitamins, mineral and iron. It is rich in fibre and is perfect for weight loss and also for boosting the metabolic rate.
- Walnuts- The walnuts are considered to be better and more nutrient rich than the almonds and other nuts. They are perfect for weight loss and are rich in antioxidants.
- Beet root- Beet root is known for detoxifying the body, as it is rich in potassium, fibre and acid. It has a high fibre content which helps in cleansing the body of toxins.
- Leafy vegetables- Green leafy vegetables are rich in minerals, fibre and proteins. Broccoli, kale, parsley and spinach are some of the leafy vegetables that should be there in a diet. They keep the digestive system on track and also supply nutrients to the body.
- Black beans- These are known to be the best weight loss foods they give a feeling of satisfaction and fullness. Black beans also help in lowering the cholesterol levels.
- Radish- This vegetable is known for keeping the tummy full and should be eaten daily for a speedy weight loss.
- Lentils- It is known as the belly flattener food that prevents excess fat, it also reduces the risk of heart attack and helps in weight loss. It is also a great source of protein.
- Banana- Banana leads to weight gain, is a myth and should not be trusted. In fact banana is an excellent source of weight loss; it has carbohydrates that keep one energised throughout the day.
If you really want to lose weight then the vegetarian diet plan is the best plan to follow, it is rich in fruits and vegetables and can leads to rapid weight loss.